All information regarding holiday breaks, fee due dates, costumes, performances, and performance protocol is posted on our website. We do not send home notes with your dancers.
Attendance: Classes are non-refundable, whether you attend or not. We offer make-up classes either two weeks prior or two weeks after the missed class. Please email us at email@example.com to arrange a make-up class.
If dancers miss class two weeks before a performance, they may not be permitted to perform.
Illness and Safety: AED is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for your dancer. Dancers should wash and sanitize their hands prior to class and upon returning home. The studio is sanitized between classes and deep-cleaned weekly. If your dancer has any of the following symptoms, they will not be allowed in class:
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Labored breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Stomach ache
- Pink Eye
- Athlete’s Foot
Dancers must be symptom-free for one full week before returning to the studio. If your dancer is sick, please keep them home. Make-up classes are available.
Competition Team Attendance: Dancers are allowed three (3) absences from September–December, three (3) absences from January–May, and one (1) absence from a competition rehearsal. Company members are not allowed to miss two weeks before a performance. If more classes are missed, dancers will be removed from all dances and will not receive a refund on costumes, tuition, or competition fees.
Classroom Etiquette: To avoid injury and respect other dancers, students that are more than 15 minutes late to a class must ask the teacher for permission to participate. Teachers reserve the right to refuse participation and may require the dancer to sit and observe.
AED is committed to creating a respectful environment and creating a positive experience for all teachers and dancers. If a dancer’s behavior becomes inappropriate or disrespectful, they will be given one warning, then asked to sit for the remainder of the class. If poor behavior continues, the parent will be notified. If the behavior persists, dancers may be expelled from AED.
Financial Responsibility: Tuition is due before the 10th of each month. Late payments will result in a $10 fee. To ensure payment, we require a credit card to be on file. The credit card will be charged on the 11th of each month for all dues including tuition and costume, recital, and competition fees. If your account is unpaid past 30 days, your child will not be allowed to participate in classes.
Costumes: Costumes are ordered at the beginning of each dance year and used for both the winter and spring recital. Non-company costumes range from $75-$125 and company costumes range from $100-$175. The $30 costume fee included in your registration will be credited toward your costume.
Drop Off/Pick Up:
To ensure the safety of your dancer, please follow these guidelines when dropping off and picking up. After classes have concluded, dancers must remain inside the building until their ride is in the parking lot.
AED is not responsible for your dancer once the class has concluded. Please be on time to pick up your dancer. You will be charged a $10 fee if you are more than 15 minutes late.
Draper: Do not drop off or pick up dancers from 700 East.
Riverton: The front parking stalls are for drop-off and pick-up only. Please do not block these stalls when you are picking up or dropping of your child. If you stay for your dancer’s class, please park away from the building.
Information for Winter and Spring Recitals
Hair and Makeup Guidelines:
- Arrive to all performances with hair and makeup done
- Makeup is recommended for all dancers
- False eyelashes are recommended for dancers 8+
- Dancers should wear red or dark maroon lipstick, blush, and mascara or false eyelashes
- Always double check that you have all costume pieces and shoes before you arrive at the performance
- Hair must be slicked back in a low bun with a middle part (ballet), or in a low ponytail (jazz/tumbling/contemporary/hip hop) with no bangs
- Short hair must be pulled back as much as possible
- Do not add extra bows, curls, or hair-pieces
- If you have more than one dance, keep your hair in a slicked, low bun
Performance Drop Off and Pick Up Guidelines:
- Parents are not allowed, under any circumstance, in the holding area or backstage
- Please do not leave your dancer with any items
- Dancers under the age of 10 must be picked up by a parent at the end of their recital section
- Dancers 10+ are allowed to find you following the show. Please designate a meeting spot beforehand.
- Silence cell phones
- Refrain from talking during the performance
- Do not enter or exit the auditorium between dances